Sunday, July 13, 2008

Speechless

What a sad and lonely place this is,
Voiceless,
Desolate,
Fast decaying in tune with summertime.
Where have all the writers gone?
No words to mix,
Mince,
Tumble.
Guess it’s just
“Another brick in the wall,”
But this wall keeps toppling,
Past Park Ave. and its million dollars in monopoly money,
And the sad little Scotty dog and thimble,
Lost in a river of thoughts that, stubbornly, will not float on,
On to the grand world of Cyberspace and the Kingdom of Blog.
What will we do, when the banker goes to cash the check,
and all the wealth is gone?

Yes, I am bored.



3 comments:

Kir said...

Munin, I think I know who you are, and I have to say that I too have been very disappointed with our club's blog. Summer vacation isn't supposed to be a vacation from writing! If anyone's out there, sign in and add some comments.
Great poem, Munin, by the way. I like the Monopoly symbols, the feeling of emptiness echoing around on the page.

Munin said...

Why, thank you for the comments. :D
I hope you didn't take me too seriously. But, still, I would love it if more people would come on and post...
Oh, I wasn't trying to be secretive or anything with the name... Sorry :D. It's just so much more fun putting "Munin" than "Cassy". Anyway thanks again, it's good to see some life here.

Kir said...

Yeah, I have some serious berating to do to all club members but one when we reconvene in (gulp) a few weeks.