Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Challenge for you

Hi guys!

I just learned this interesting fact: November is National Novel Writing Month! And there is a website that is set up to help people (mostly first time novelists) write a novel in 30 days. Starting November 1 at midnight, anyone who has logged in to the site can begin submitting text (you're supposed to wait until then to start writing), and then you've got until midnight on November 30 to get the rest of the novel done. The goal: 50,000 words, about 175 pages. There is a computer program that tallies word count and the site will announce the winners (those who made it to 50,000 words in 30 days).

Anyone up for the challenge? I'm gonna do it.

2 comments:

Ryan Haskell said...

hmmm... I think I may try that it may allow me and give me a good reason to buckle down and actually finish something.

Ryan Haskell said...

I just found out that there is some club up here that is throwing a kickoff party for National Novel Writing Month I think I will attend.